Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Entries into the promotion open on 26/02/2020 and close at 11:59pm AEDST on 25/03/2020 (“Promotional Period”).
- To be eligible to enter, individuals must purchase, in a single transaction, any two (2) Mentos products from a Woolworths supermarket (including Woolworths online) during the Promotional Period (“Qualifying Transaction”). Purchases from a Caltex/Woolworths service station or Woolworths co-branded Metro store are not included.
- To enter, entrants must visit www.mentosholiday.com.au, follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the requested details including their full name, valid email address and contact phone number and then submit the fully completed entry form during the Promotional Period. Each entrant will be notified instantly online whether or not they are an instant winner. All valid entries received from winners and non-winners of an instant prize will be automatically placed in the major prize draw.
- Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry is permitted per Qualifying Transaction (regardless of the quantity of Mentos products purchased in that transaction in excess of two (2); and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
- Entrants must retain an original or copy of their Woolworth’s purchase receipt(s) or Woolworth’s Order Number(s) in the case of online purchases for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- There will be ten (10) instant win prize available to be won each day of the promotion (290 instant win prizes in total). The Promoter will use a computer drawing system to randomly determine ten (10) winning times each day of the Promotional Period (the “Winning Times”). The first entry received on or after each Winning Time, will be the provisional winner of a prize. If any prizes for a particular day are not won (i.e. there are no entries received on that day on or after a Winning Time), the relevant prize/s will be allocated to the unclaimed prize draw.
- If an entrant is deemed a provisional winner in accordance with clause 11 above, they will receive an instant notification upon submitting their entry (“Provisional Winner”). All Provisional Winners’ names will be published online at www.mentosholiday.com.au on 27/03/2020. Provisional Winners will only be confirmed as verified winners upon authentication of their entry (entrants must have and keep their receipt for each entry they submit).
- The instant win prizes consist of 290x $100 WISH Gift Cards (10 to be awarded per day, as per clause 11).
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming a WISH Gift Card are not included. Any unused balance of a WISH Gift Card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of a WISH Gift Card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the WISH Gift Card.
- Woolworths Group Limited is the issuer of the WISH Gift Card but is not the Promoter and is therefore not responsible for the prizes, products, or services under the promotion or the fulfilment of these Terms and Conditions. Woolworths Group Limited is responsible for the fulfilment of the terms and conditions of the WISH Gift Card. WISH Gift Cards are redeemable at participating stores only. Participating stores may change from time to time. WISH Gift Card terms and conditions apply. For full terms and conditions and a list of participating stores, visit https://giftcards.woolworths.com.au/.
- The major draw will take place at Greeneagle Distribution & Fulfillment, 5/9 Fitzpatrick Street, Revesby NSW 2122 on 26/03/2020 at 4:00pm AEDST, in the presence of an independent scrutineer. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published online at www.mentosholiday.com.au on 27/03/2020.
- The first two (2) valid entries drawn will each win a holiday for two (2) adults up to the value of AUD$15,000 including GST which includes $1,000 spending money. The prize will be awarded as a $14,000 credit redeemable through the Promoter’s chosen travel provider on behalf of the Promoter (“Prize Supplier”) and a $1,000 spending money awarded in the form of a prepaid debit card, or cash deposit. A representative of the Prize Supplier will liaise with the winner to create and book their holiday up to the value of AUD$14,000 including GST. The winner will have the opportunity to let the Prize Supplier know of their destination (either domestic or international) and itinerary preferences. The Prize Supplier will use its best endeavours to book the winner’s preferences, subject to availability, feasibility, Australian Government travel advice and any other matters the Prize Supplier and/or the Promoter consider appropriate. The Promoter’s and the Prize Supplier’s decision with respect to all elements of booking the prize is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The prize can only be used towards one (1) round trip holiday and cannot be used to book multiple individual holidays. For the removal of doubt, any unused balance of the $14,000 credit will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash. The prize of up to $14,000 credit is only redeemable towards one (1) or more of the following: flights, accommodation (including breakfast daily), car hire, activities and/or tours and travel insurance (subject to approval by the Promoter’s nominated travel insurer). No portion of the $14,000 credit can be taken as cash or its equivalent and can only be used toward standard goods and services approved by the Promoter and the Prize Supplier. The prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. Prize must be booked by 26/03/2021 and is subject to booking and flight availability.
- The winner and his/her companion are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. The winner and his/her companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take or redeem a prize at or by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total prize pool value is $59,000. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 26/06/2020 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published online at www.mentosholiday.com.au on 29/06/2020.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured. Any instant win prizes that are won but remain unclaimed will be awarded in the unclaimed prize draw. Instant win game materials void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- The Promoter is Stuart Alexander & Co (ABN 43 000 058 677) of Level 3, 1 Smail Street, Ultimo NSW 2007, telephone 02 9282 7700.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/40234. ACT Permit No. TP19/04705. SA Permit No. T19/1986